Essential of Supply Chain Management : Distribution & Transport
Centre for Continuing & Professional Education
About this course
This course explains the importance of network design decisions. In designing a supply chain, it is important to consider how the supply chain drivers – facilities, transport, inventory, information, sourcing, and pricing – should be coordinated to support the competitive strategy of a firm and to maximise supply chain profits.
Credit Unit: N/A
Kindly note that this course is exclusively available only for NSF.
Course Access Period
Please note that this is an online self-paced asynchronous course where learners will be granted one month of access from the enrolment date.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the factors to be considered when designing a distribution network.
- Apply an effective design option for a distribution network.
- Show how e-business can affect the design of distribution networks.
- Explain the role of transport in a supply chain.
- Apply an effective design option for a transport network.
- Show the trade-offs that shippers must consider when designing a transport network.