Nasogastric Tube Feeding
HMI Institute of Health Sciences
About this course
As a care giver, your role is to ensure the daily needs of your clients are taken care of. Eating is the most basic human need; a simple task that we are able to do on our own effortlessly every day. However, some clients with disability may need special help in feeding.
This course aims to equip you with the skills of Nasogastric Tube (NGT) feeding. You will learn the pre-feeding preparations, during and post procedures of NGT.
Course Access Period
Please note that this is an online self-paced asynchronous course where learners will be granted one month of access from the enrolment date. Do also note that the course tile may take up to 48 hours to show up on your dashboard after purchase, and your access will start after it has been made accessible.
What you will learn
- Explain the anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) in relation to the nasogastric tube feeding.
- Explain what nasogastric tube feeding is
- Explain the tasks to be carried out in the pre-feeding preparation stage
- Explain the tasks to be carried out in the during procedure stage
- Explain the tasks to be carried out in the post procedure stage